• Lie on your stomach with your hands by your torso, palms up.
• Exhale and bend your knees, bringing your feet as close as you can to your buttocks and grab the ankles with your hands.
• Inhale press the pubic bone down, pull the belly in and push the ankles against the hands as you pull with the arms. Lifting the thighs and the chest.
• Press your shoulder blades into your back to open the heart.
• Stay here for a few breaths, breathing into your back body (this position can make it quite difficult to breathe fully).
• On an exhale release your arms, core engaged and come gently lying in a prone position. Lie quietly for a few breaths.
Strengthens the back
Opens the chest
Helps stretch the front body
Helps ease anxiety