CHAIR UTKATASANA POSE
• Stand erect with your feet slightly apart.
• Stretch your hands to the front with palms facing downwards. Do not bend your elbows.
• Bend the knees and gently push your pelvis down as if you are sitting in an imaginary chair.
• Be comfortable or at least try to be! To get a better feel of the Chair Pose, imagine reading a newspaper or typing on a laptop as you remain seated.
• Ensure that you keep your hands parallel to the ground.
• With awareness, sit straight and lengthen your spine. Relax.
• Keep breathing and flip through the pages of the newspaper, enjoying national and international news.
• Sink deeper into the chair by gradually going down but ensure that your knees don’t go beyond your toes.
• Keep going down slowly and then sit down in Sukhasana (cross-legged posture). If you want, you may lie down on your back and relax.
• Exercises the spine, hips and chest muscles
• Helps strengthen the lower back and torso
• Tones the thigh, ankle, leg and knee muscles
• Balances the body and brings determination in the mind