EAGLE GARUDASANA POSE
• Begin by standing in Tadasana.
• Bend your knees and lift your left foot up to cross it over the right one.
• Ensure that right foot is firmly placed on the floor and the left thigh is over the right thigh. Your left foot’s toes should be pointing downwards.
• Bring your arms forwards while keeping them parallel to the floor.
• Cross the right arm over the left one and bend your elbows so that your arms are now perpendicular to the floor. Ensure that the back of your hands are facing each other.
• Slowly turn the hands so that the palms face each other.
• Pressing the palms together, stretch the fingers upwards.
• Keeping your gaze focused at one place, stay in this pose for a couple of breaths.
• Slowly release the hands and bring them to the side of your body.
• Raise your left leg and place it back on the floor and slowly come back into Tadasana
• Strengthens and stretches the ankles and calves
• Stretches the thighs, hips, shoulders, and upper back
• Improves concentration • Improves sense of balance
• Strengthens the calves.
• Helps alleviate sciatica and rheumatism.
• Loosens the legs and hips, making them more flexible.