REVERSE WARRIOR POSE
• Starting in Warrior II with the right knee bent, turn the palm of your right hand to face the ceiling.
• On an inhale lift your right arm up to the ceiling. At the same time lower your left hand and slide it down your left leg.
• Firm your shoulder blades on the back and lift your chest as you come into a gentle backbend. Look to your raised hand or gaze to your back foot if you have neck or balance issues.
• Stay in the pose for up to 5 breaths.
• Come back to Warrior II on an exhale.
• Repeat on the other side.
• Opens the chest and side body, releasing tension in the intercostal muscles around the ribs and allowing for a freer deeper breath.
• Strengthens the legs.
• Opens the hips, groins and inner thighs.